WHO ARE YOU, PHP LARAVEL DEVELOPER? – PART 2
Having a precise knowledge about php laravel framework in part 1, let’s move to the next section to effectively hire and to be hired as php laravel developers from both perspectives of the enterprises and software developers.
WHAT IS A LARAVEL DEVELOPER?
A Laravel developer is a software professional who specializes in the Laravel framework. To attract the right Laravel expert, write a compelling job description that matches your needs.
As a popular open-source PHP framework, Laravel is widely known for its simple, elegant, and expressive syntax. It aims to make the development process easier for developers without compromising the functionality of web applications.
Created by Taylor Otwell in 2011, Laravel creates web applications using Symfony under the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern. Laravel’s source code is hosted in GitHub with an MIT license.
This open-source framework has gradually become one of the favorites among developers. Most think that Laravel is responsive, lightweight, clean, and simple to use.
Laravel has a wide array of tools and libraries that speeds up the development cycle. Hence, there’s no need to rewrite functions with every software project.
Instead, a Laravel developer can focus on design, innovation, functionality, and other things that truly matter. Read on to find out the skills and qualifications needed in a Laravel developer.
WHAT DOES A LARAVEL DEVELOPER DO?
The medical field is replete with healthcare professionals we simply call doctors. However, plenty of doctors have strong expertise in specific branches of medicine. There are cardiologists, immunologists, hematologists, and so on.
In the same way, the world of software technology has bred a community of developers that specialize in different technologies.
A Laravel developer is like any other software developer. But, one thing that sets them apart is their special affinity for the Laravel framework using the PHP programming language. Laravel developers make it possible to build highly functional web applications that elevates user experience.
A Laravel developer is responsible for:
- Building and maintaining modern web applications using standard web development tools
- Writing clean and secure modular codes that have undergone strict testing and evaluation
- Debugging and resolving technical issues
- Maintaining and designing databases
- Performing back-end and User Interface (UI) tests to enhance the functionality of an application
- Collaborating with other developers (front-end, back-end, mobile app, etc.) and project managers to move the software projects faster
- Documenting the task progress, architecture, and development process
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology trends and best practices in Laravel development
SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE A LARAVEL DEVELOPER
It’s a given that Laravel developers should have a solid foundation in the Laravel framework. However, they must be skilled in different aspects of technology. Here’s a list of the Laravel skills to look out for:
- Solid experience working with the PHP, the latest Laravel version, SOLID Principle, and other types of web frameworks
- Proven expertise in managing API services (REST and SOAP), OOP (Object-oriented Programming), and MVC.
- Demonstrable experience in unit testing using test platforms like PHPSpec, PHPUnit, and Behat
- Good working knowledge in the design and query optimization of databases (MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB and DynamoDB).
- Familiarity with server tools (Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM) and cloud servers (Azure, AWS, Linode, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, etc.)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
At this point, you might want to hire a Laravel developer. So what to do? It’s time to write a Laravel developer job description. In its basic level, a job description includes:
- The type of candidate you’re hiring for (in this case, a Laravel developer)
- List of skills and qualifications that an ideal candidate should have
- Project scope and the candidate’s core responsibilities in this project
Make sure that your job ad for a Laravel expert is clear and complete. Doing so will save you time and filter only for the right candidate. Also, interested applicants can position their skills and qualifications better when clients understand what they need.
Below is a Laravel developer job description sample template you can use to advertise on your career page or online job boards. Feel free to customize the template as your own.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Write a short but captivating introduction to your company. Include your company’s vision, perks, benefits, and others. Additionally, mention if you have a great work culture, remote work options, awards or accolades, and other interesting facts about the company.
We are looking for an outstanding Laravel Developer to join our growing software development team.
If you have a strong background in Laravel Development and have a passion for innovation and technology, come and join our team!
At [name of company], we offer above-industry compensation, perks, benefits, and career growth prospects.
Write clean, testable, secure, and dynamic codes based on standard web development best practices
- Build and maintain innovative web applications and websites using modern development tools
- Integrate back-end data services and improve current API data services
- Document and continuously update the development process, project components, and task progress based on business requirements
- Design and maintain databases
- Optimize performance by performing UI and back-end tests
- Scale, expand and improve our websites and applications
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting on apps
- Collaborate with project managers, co-developers, software testers, and web designers to complete project requirements
- Effectively communicate with clients and other teams when needed
- Update on current industry trends and emerging technologies and apply them to the development process
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or other related fields
- Proven experience as a Laravel or PHP Developer for [state the no. of years].
- Core knowledge of PHP frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter, Zend, Symfony, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming
- Top-notch skills in building SQL Schema design, REST API design, and SOLID principles
- Familiarity with MVC and fundamental design principles
- Proficiency with software testing using PHPUnit, PHPSpect, or Behat
- Basic knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Background in security and accessibility compliance (depending on the project requirements)
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a good advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
HIRE LARAVEL EXPERTS? CHOOSE AEGONA SOFTWARE COMPANY!
Having been successfully delivering more than 95 projects to more than 80 clients in 12 nations and confidently appearing on the top of your search results, Aegona is a hundred percent confident in providing you with the best-dedicated software development teams. Especially, at Aegona, we have abundant resources of PHP Software Developers, especially, Laravel Experts to dedicatedly contributing to clients' outstanding projects.
Therefore, if you are looking for the best, highest-qualified, and cost-effective offshore or outsourcing software company satisfying any of your high-standard requirements to partner and hire software development teams, Aegona Software Company (Vietnam) is worth your choice.